Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Colourful Joy Rides


Yesterday was massive. After getting my guaranteed placement into the New York City Marathon, my brain just went NUTS!

I was thinking of all the ways I could raise funds - not only for the children of my chosen charity Team for Kids, but also to fund my trip over. Thoughts were coming to me faster than an automatic tennis ball machine on hyper-drive, and it didn't stop there.

I then thought of being in New York for my 41st birthday and thought I ought to do it Bollywood style - which is what I actually I wanted for my 40th only decided against it for the pure love of a very close family member (who has an aversion to aromatic food smells and consequently would have spent the entire evening dry-reaching). The fantasy continued, and I thought of using the Bollywood ball as a fund raiser for my India project, which was also delayed due to changed Indian visa laws.

With my head swirling full of ideas, I didn't get to bed before 2am. As a result, I struggled to keep my heart rate within the parameters during this morning's run - not to mention that it was 36 degrees Celsius outside (aka 96.8 degrees Fahrenheit). I have promised myself that I need to get to bed early - but after a long session at the gym (hosting a women's support group), the clock has already struck midnight and I'm still a few paragraphs and proof readings before bed.

ANYWAY...

When I sat down to write my blog, I received an email from a wonderful Indian female artist who lives in Mumbai (whom I virtually met via a mutual friend and haven't heard from in ages). Her name is Saaz Aggarwal and she sent me a link to her latest work, which I think is just delightful. 

I responded to her email (quote) "Nice. Love them. We soooooo have to do a children's book together" to which she responded, "Would love to, Grace!" Oh. My. Goodness. Are we about to embark on an adventurous joy ride? One that is potentially hazardous (note woman with long sari near back wheel), yet full of colour and family joy? We shall see, we shall see.

Until tomorrow, remember that in a world of potential hazards and tragedies, there's always a colourful joy ride to be had. Hold on, have fun and be safe.  

Grace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...